March 8, 2016
NUSD District Office, Board Library
5715 Musick Avenue, Newark, CA 94560
Establishment of a Citizens' Oversight Committee
After a bond authorized under Proposition 39 is passed, state law requires that the Newark Unified School District Governing Board appoint a Citizens' Oversight Committee to work with the District.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Citizens’ Oversight Committee shall:
- Inform the public concerning the District's expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds;
- Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Measure G bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure G;
- Present to the Governing Board, in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds.
Appointment of Committee Members
All appointments are made by the Governing Board from applications submitted to the District. The members appointed are as follows:
- Casper Knoop, Chairperson
- Jack Dane, Vice-Chairperson
- Theresa Miller
- Marilyn Painter
- Cindy Parks
Time Commitment and Term
Initial appointments will be staggered, such that some of the initial appointees will be appointed to serve one full two-year term. The other initial appointments will serve a one-year term. Members may be eligible for reappointment by the Governing Board for a second term.
We currently have vacancies in the following constituencies:
Business Representative - Active in a business organization representing local businesses
Taxpayer Organization Member - Active in a bona fide taxpayer's association
If you are interested in applying for a position on the Citizens Bond Oversight Committee, please click on the link below and return the completed application to Newark Unified School District, 5715 Musick Avenue, Newark, CA 94560 Attention: Business Services Department.
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Application
Board Policy, Board Bylaw, Administrative Regulation