June 14, 2016
NUSD District Office, Board Library
5715 Musick Avenue, Newark, CA 94560
Establishment of a Citizens' Oversight Committee
After a bond authorized under Proposition 39 is passed, state law requires that the Newark Unified School District Governing Board appoint a Citizens' Oversight Committee to work with the District.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Citizens’ Oversight Committee shall:
- Inform the public concerning the District's expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds;
- Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Measure G bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure G;
- Present to the Governing Board, in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds.
Appointment of Committee Members
All appointments are made by the Governing Board from applications submitted to the District. The members appointed are as follows:
- Casper Knoop, Chairperson, Parent Representative/Parent-Teacher Organization Member
- Jack Dane, Vice-Chairperson, Senior Organization Representative
- Theresa Miller, At-Large Community Member
- Marilyn Painter, At-Large Community Member
- Cindy Parks, At-Large Community Member
We currently have vacancies in the following constituencies:
- Business Representative - Active in a business organization representing local businesses
- Taxpayer Organization Member - Active in a bona fide taxpayer's association
If you are interested in applying for any position on the Citizens Bond Oversight Committee, please click on the link below and return the completed application to Newark Unified School District, 5715 Musick Avenue, Newark, CA 94560 Attention: Business Services Department.
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Application
Time Commitment and Term
Initial appointments will be staggered, such that some of the initial appointees will be appointed to serve one full two-year term. The other initial appointments will serve a one-year term. Members may be eligible for reappointment by the Governing Board for a second term.
Board Policy, Board Bylaw, Administrative Regulation