To Our Visitors:
Addressing the Board
- Each speaker wishing to address the Board is asked to fill out a speaker card.
- Speaker cards are available at the meeting on the back table and must be submitted to the Executive Assistant prior to the beginning of the meeting. If arriving late, please fill out a card upon arrival.
- Speakers are limited to three minutes each.
- Each person may only speak once on a topic. If there are more speakers than time allows, remaining speakers may be heard at a public comment period at the end of the meeting.
- Individuals may address the Board of Education concerning school business not on the agenda, but public comment cannot be acted upon or discussed by the Board unless placed on an agenda at a subsequent meeting, in accordance with the law (Brown Act).
- The Board may request staff to respond orally at the meeting or in writing at a future time.
Placing Items on the Agenda
- Members of the public may request that items be placed on the agenda of a future regular Board meeting.
- The items must be directly related to school district business.
- The request must be made in writing and be submitted to the Superintendent with supporting documents, if any.
- The Superintendent shall be the sole judge of whether the request is or is not within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board and will determine whether the agenda item request is appropriate for discussion in an open session or closed session.
- All items placed on the agenda by the public will be for information and discussion so that the Board may be advised of the views of the community.
Meeting Ending Time
- Adjournment time will be no later than 10:30 p.m. for all regular and special meetings unless extended to a specific time as determined by a majority of the Board.
- For accuracy, all regular meetings of the Board of Education are tape recorded. Tape recordings are kept on file for a period of no less than thirty days.
- The Board of Education may meet in closed session for discussion of labor negotiations, student discipline, personnel matters, litigation, and other matters as provided for under California State law.
Assistance will be provided to those requiring accommodations for disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Interested persons must request accommodations at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting by contracting the Superintendent’s Office at (510) 818-4112.