For Current NUSD vacancies
CLASSIFIED JOB POSTINGS
Office Manager - Newark Memorial High School; 12 mo; 37.5 hrs; 5 days per week; 244 work days; 16 paid holidays; paid vacation days; $51,772.00 - $60,196.00 annual total compensation. Three years of increasingly responsible administrative secretarial support, school district experience is highly desirable; exercises direct supervision over technical and clerical staff
Custodian - Snow Elementary School; 12 mo; 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; range 42 $2631 - $3210 per month
Custodian - Newark Memorial High School; 12 mo; 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm; Range 42 $2631 - $3210 per month
Food Service Assistants - Newark Memorial High School; 10 mo; 10 hrs/week, Mon thru Fri, Hrs to be determined, Range 30 $11.29 - $13.77 per hour; Serve Safe Certification required.
Information Technology Technician - IT Department - District Office
12 mo Position; full time 40 hrs per week/5 days a week; 244 work days + 16 paid holidays; Range 62 $4314 - $5254 per month. minimum of 3 years experience working with computer software and hardware. An AA degree or higher preferably in computer/technology related field or related experience.
Software Support Specialist - Business Office - District Office
12 mo. Position; full time 37.5 hrs per week/5 days a week; 244 work days + 16 paid holidays Range 55 $3611 - $4422 per month
Knowledge of student database system, CALPADS State Reporting and experience working with large quantities of data and database systems.
IMC Clerk-Ed Services Dept.- 12 mo.Position:37.5 hrs per week/5 days a week/hrs. to be determined. Instr. Material Center Range 43
$2533-3320 per mo."
Special Education Aide: On Call-Hourly Position: Monday thru Friday: Time- varies by site. All School Sites $11.05
Spanish Translator: On Call-Hourly Position: Monday thru Friday:Time- varies by site. All School Sites $13.38
Bus Driver-10 mo.position: 40hrs/week,5 days. Work hrs vary based on transportation needs. Three years experience operating type II School bus. Possession of an appropriate,valid Class B Driver's Licence, First Aid & CPR and valid School Bus Driver Certiticates. Maintenance,Operations & Transportation Department Range 47 $17.18-19.93
CERTIFICATED / CLASSIFIED LEADERSHIP POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES
2015-2016 School Year
A high-performing collaborative team of educators is the heart and soul of a school that functions as a professional learning community. A highly successful team is lead and supported by an effective Assistant Superintendent in Human Resources. The success of the Newark Unified School District in achieving its mission of ensuring high levels of learning for all students depends on the leadership capacity of the administrative team.
NUSD is seeking highly experienced and qualified applicants to lead a dynamic 21st century organization. We are seeking applicants with the ability to lead in accomplishing the district’s vision, mission, and strategic initiatives who also reflect the growing diversity of our students and community.
Under the direction of the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources has specific responsibility, as a cabinet level position, for managing all aspects of the Human Resources Division, both classified and certificated, including recruiting, testing, screening, interviewing, hiring, training, and the maintenance of class specifications. The Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources also plans, organizes, controls and directs the functions of Employer-Employee Relations and acts as the district’s representative in contract negotiations and contract management. As a member of the Management Team, the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources works cooperatively with other members of the Management Team in the formulation and implementation of district policies and in the administration of district programs. The Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources is responsible to deliver direct services to employees; assure responsiveness to NUSD strategic initiatives, goals and objectives; provide direct counseling assistance and technical expertise and information to administrators and NUSD personnel; develop and implement policies and procedures affecting assigned services and program areas; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff. The Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources is also responsible for the completion of any special assignment or project, inside or outside the scope of the Human Resources Division, delegated by the Superintendent; reports to the Superintendent; and performs all other related duties as assigned. This position demands a high level of energy and commitment to the district’s mission, vision and strategic initiatives supported through prudent and careful human resources management.
Required: Master’s degree (emphasis in Educational Leadership or Organizational Leadership preferred); Five years successful recent experience in personnel management/human resources; Minimum of three (3) years of site level administrative experience.
Desired: Minimum of five (5) years of classroom teaching or related experience; Doctoral degree; Experience and/or training in personnel administration
- Leadership and management principles, practices and procedures.
- Effective group processes and facilitation skills and public relations techniques.
- Effective presentation and training techniques.
- Effective written and oral communication using correct English and grammar skills.
- Theory and practice of public education and administration, including organization, personnel and fiscal management relevant to assigned responsibilities.
- Office management principles, methods, and procedures.
- Applicable state and federal laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Credential laws.
- Interview and selection techniques and methods.
- Staff supervision, staff development and effective management techniques.
- Procedures and practices in public sector collective bargaining.
- Technology and the implementation of technological advances for schools/district.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Ability to:
- Manage a large division of an organization.
- Display knowledge and understanding of education theory and practice and personnel administration.
- Plan, direct, and establish priorities and simultaneously coordinate a variety of projects.
- Identify and analyze present and potential problems, develop and evaluate solutions and propose plans of action.
- Prepare and present clear and concise narrative and statistical reports.
- Provide technical information and assistance to others concerning employment policies and personnel transactions.
- Use positive interpersonal skills to provide effective leadership to staff and to work collaboratively with those contacted in the course of work.
- Manage employee contracts and employee-employer relations.
- Interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, and policies related to personnel matters.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
- Make use of technology for information, communication and data management.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
- Valid California Teaching Credential (Preferred)
- Valid California Administrative Services Credential (Preferred)
EVALUATION: By the Superintendent
This is a cabinet level position. Salary is $147,500-$177,500
Benefits are included as part of the salary and purchased through an IRC 125 plan.
HOURS: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
WORK YEAR: 225 Days
WORK SITE: Human Resources
CLOSING DATE: January 8, 2016
TO APPLY: If you are currently a district employee and have an application on file, please submit a letter of intent that includes your name, address, telephone number, and your qualifications to the Human Resources Office.
- If you do not have an application of file, please submit an application through EdJoin by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include the following attachments: a letter of intent, resume, and three recent letters of recommendation less than one year old.
- You will be contacted if you are selected for a position interview.
FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Newark Unified School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The District is in compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1982 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion ancestry, national origin, age (over 40 years), sex, marital status, medical condition (cured or rehabilitated cancer), or physical handicap in any of its program, activities, or employment practices,
For open positions you may visit the following link: www.edjoin.org for current employment opportunities
To apply you must go through edjoin.