Kadie Gilroy - 510-818-4208
General Guidelines for Special Education Transportation:
- Students with severe disabilities may qualify under other guidelines for transportation. Please call the special education office for more details.
- Once qualified for transportation, parents/guardians must complete transportation paperwork.
- Reimbursement for transporting your child is also available when eligible. The current reimbursement rate is .535 cents per mile. Reimbursement forms are available at the special education office. Please call the special education office for more information.
- Changes or additions to a student's service require a 5-day notice. Please call the special education office when changes are needed to bus service.
- If your child is out of school for more than 2 days, please call the special education office to postpone bus service.
- Bus drivers have a 15-minute window before and after school before they are considered late. Bus routes include students from several sites and all elementary bell schedules are the same. Traffic and parking are always problems at the school sites.