2015-2016 Child Care Fees
Newark Unified School District
Basic Monthly Fees Based on 180 School Calendar Days
|Weekly Hours per Child||Hours per Month||9 Monthly Payments
(Includes August & June)
|Plan||2nd Child*||Total for 2 Children|
*A 5% family discount will be given to the child with the fewest number of hours
We accept cash, check (payable to "Newark Unified School District"), or money order in our office in Room 24 on the Musick Elementary campus at 5735 Musick Avenue in Newark. We also accept direct monthly payments sent to us by your bank in the form of a check- ask your bank for details.
Credit card payments must be made through myschoolbucks.com, please note that credit card payments will include a 4.25% convenience fee.
Full Fee for Childcare
Full fee families may be enrolled providing space exists.
In the past, we have not charged for time that children have participated in before or after- school activities, such as the Breakfast Program, Homework Club or recreational activities. We have found this to be unsustainable. There are times when these after-school programs have been cancelled at the last minute and/or the children did not wish to participate on certain days. We must schedule staff on a regular basis and maintain state ratios of adults to students. Therefore, whether or not your child participates in after-school activities, your child care fees will be calculated from the regular classroom dismissal time to the time your child is signed out of child care.
- Don't forget that Fridays are early dismissal days. In selecting the hours you need, you must remember to calculate longer child care hours on Fridays.
- There are no refunds for unused hours.
- The monthly invoice total is based on the number of hours indicated on the first page of the Child Care Enrollment Contract. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to notify child care staff regarding changes in hours of service by the 20th of the month preceding the change in hours. We must receive the first page of the Child Care Contract with the updated hours from the parent or guardian to make any changes.
- Days and hours that you indicate on the (Days and Hours Form) are the only days that your child may attend. We must meet State ratios and we may have placed other students in the spots where there was an opening.
- If you schedule a vacation during the school year, your monthly fee is not reduced or refunded.