June 11, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.
District Office, Board Library
5715 Musick Avenue, Newark, CA 94560
Establishment of a Citizens' Oversight Committee
After a bond authorized under Proposition 39 is passed, state law requires that the Newark Unified School District Governing Board appoint a Citizens' Oversight Committee to work with the District.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Citizens’ Oversight Committee shall:
- Inform the public concerning the District's expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds;
- Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Measure G bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure G;
- Present to the Governing Board, in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds.
Appointment of Committee Members
All appointments are made by the Governing Board from applications submitted to the District. The members appointed are as follows:
- Casper Knoop, Chairperson
- Jack Dane, Vice-Chair
- Andrea Francis, Secretary
- Mondae Hefter
- Tamie Mackey
- Liz Mafi-Tuitama
- Theresa Miller
- Marilyn Painter
- Cindy Parks
Time Commitment and Term
Initial appointments will be staggered, such that some of the initial appointees will be appointed to serve one full two-year term. The other initial appointments will serve a one-year term. Members may be eligible for reappointment by the Governing Board for a second term.
If you are interested in applying for a future position on the Citizens Bond Oversight Committee, please click on the link below. Vacancies will be posted as they become available.
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Application
Board Policy, Board Bylaw, Administrative Regulation